Labels

Friday, April 8, 2011

Making Progress

The weather is finally starting to warm up and the plants are slowly but surely beginning to make an appearance!  Since we are past the danger of frost, I decided to plant the morning glory seeds directly into the ground.  I ended up soaking them for a couple of days rather than just overnight, waiting for the shells to crack and sprouts to begin.  Today they were ready to be planted.

This morning I stumbled across a post in a forum I follow stating that soaking the seeds in a 50/50 mix of water and hydrogen peroxide is also beneficial, much more so than simply soaking in water.  I will be sure to try this next spring! 


Above is a picture of my rosemary and lavender plants.  They were not looking too happy or healthy after wintering indoors.  At first I thought it was because I had them near a window (too cold) or possibly I was not watering them appropriately (too much, too little?).  After doing a bit of research, I found that these two plants are dormant in the winter, requiring less water, but they tolerate cold very well.  So, I must have been simply over watering them.  I have given them a new home in the corner of my garden and will follow their progress closely.  Hopefully, they will begin to thrive in their new space! 

No comments:

Post a Comment