Labels

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Year in the Garden

I have always loved the outdoors - the trees, the scent of fresh cut gass, the birds singing overhead - but most of all I love gardens.  I find a garden to be a peaceful, yet exciting place with all the different varieties, scents and colors.  I have tried often to create such a place; however, something always seemed to go wrong.  I always figured that I just didn't have a "green thumb" - that some people have that particular talent and some do not.  But since giving up was never an option for me, I decided to approach gardening in a completely different way than I had before. 

I was given a book that teaches gardening on a month-by-month basis and thought - this is it!  I will follow this book from start to finish - starting with building a flower bed, to testing soil, to choosing plants, planting seeds and tending plants, etc.  I will share my experiences and things I learn along the way.   And I look forward to hearing of your gardening experiences and/or gardening advice as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment